PTA INITIATIVES & HAPPENINGS
Events and Initiatives Supporting our Scholars, Families, and Solar Staff!
PTA SUPPORTS THE FOLLOWING INITIATIVES
Coffee with the Principal Meetings
Cultural Arts for Scholars
Fundraising & Solar Giving
Grade Level Parent Representatives
Solar Prep Cares
Visual Media Chair
- Creates flyers and other communications for Bright Times, Friday Folders, PTO banners/posters/displays;
- Works closely with Communications Secretary.
* Graphic design skills needed (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite).
School & Student Club Supplies
- Researches and determines school supplies vendor;
- Coordinates ordering of student school supplies (late spring);
- Coordinates distribution of student school supplies (Meet the Teacher Night and first week of school);
- Coordinates, sources and orders student club supplies (early Fall);
- Coordinates with Solar Staff to maintain and refresh club supplies as-needed (early Fall).
- Coordinates and manages the Solar Prep Girls Yearbook, which includes:
> Tracking yearbook orders, and
> Issuing receipts and keeping accurate and up-to-date records of yearbook sales;
- Attends and leads the weekly after-school student Yearbook Club, inclusive of creating and issuing student photographer ID badges and access and use of yearbook creation software;
- Works closely with Solar Staff and student photographers throughout the year for all school events and activities;
- Works closely with school pictures studio and yearbook publisher.
- Maintains and updates all aspects of the PTO website;
- Requires regular communication with school admin and all board positions.
Coordinates PTO’s annual Spring family event:
> Significant planning begins by December - effort is substantial, especially 4-6 weeks prior to the event;
> Involves a large committee with project leaders for various areas - time spent depends on how work is divided and how roles are assigned; includes creating and maintaining cost budget, food and entertainment procurement, and oversight of volunteers, oversight of sponsorship solicitations.
> Establishes and maintains working relationships with vendors.
- Handles all written correspondence, working closely with Staff Appreciation Chair:
> Thank-you letters and cards -- to sponsors and donors on behalf of PTO;
> Congratulatory (e.g. childbirth, wedding), get well, sympathy and birthday cards -- to Solar Staff.
Executes Spanish translations for all internal and external PTO communication requests.
- Monday, December 4
- Tuesday, December 5
- Wednesday, December 6
- Thursday, December 7
- Friday, December 8
- Friday, December 15
- Friday, December 22
- Saturday, December 23
- Sunday, December 24
- Monday, December 25
- Tuesday, December 26
- Wednesday, December 27